The first step in creating a beautiful native landscape
Are you interested in renovating your outdoor spaces or integrating native plants into your landscapes? ecology + vision’s Designer for a Day program is ideal for people who are not sure where to begin. Let us provide trusted native landscape advice and insight by creating a customized conceptual design that you can implement over time on your own or working with a contractor. The next Designer for a Day program will be winter 2019-2020. Sign up to learn more today!
Are you wondering:
- How can I help pollinators?
- Which native plants will work best in my yard?
- Do I need a rain garden? How large should it be?
- How can I screen my neighbor?
- What can I do to make my landscape look great while also attracting wildlife?
The Designer for a Day program is for people who are:
- Interested in sustainable design and using native plants
- On a budget but want a professional conceptual design to work from
- Looking to boost the aesthetic value and habitat potential of their property
- Do-It-Yourselfers seeking a starting off point
- Homeowners, Residential, or Small Commercial Property managers
“I was impressed with Jenna’s knowledge and vision as well as the finished product. It’s great to have a full-scale master plan that gives me an integrated vision of my property as I plan to tackle these landscaping projects individually over time. I look forward to working with The Pizzo Group in the future.”
You can expect to receive:
- Customized one-on-one time with a licensed landscape architect at your property
- Approximately 5 hours of dedicated discussion and design time
- An on-site review of the existing conditions and vegetation within your property
- A conceptual masterplan of the area around your house, including recommended trees and shrubs, perennial planting beds with accompanying species lists, and overall planting bed shapes and locations (view example plan).
- Tips on how to give your property more curb appeal, integrate native plants and practices as well as create functional outdoor spaces.
Service Area includes Northeast Illinois (Cook, DuPage, Lake, Will, Kane, Kendall, Grundy, DeKalb, LaSalle, McHenry, Boone, Ogle, Lee, Bureau, Putnam, Grundy, Kankakee Counties), Northern Indiana (Lake, Porter, LaPorte, St. Joseph), Southwest Michigan (Berrien, Cass, Van Buren), Southeast Wisconsin (Rock, Walworth, Kenosha). Designer for a Day does not include full construction detail plans, implementation plans appropriate for bidding, herbaceous plant layout plans, or hardscape plans. This service is a one-time visit up to approximately 5 hours in length. Follow up visits or additional planning materials are available at our standard billing rates.
Sign up to be notified of the next Designer for a Day program, with time slots next available in winter 2019-2020. Scheduling is available Monday-Friday, between 8:30 am – 6:30 pm, in 5 hour increments, e.g. 8:30 am-1:30 pm, or 1:30 pm-6:30 pm
Ways you can prepare for your session:
- Take photos throughout the growing season
- Note the moisture levels during different times of year (wet in the spring, dry in the summer, always wet, etc.)
- Gather site data such as a topographic survey or plat of survey
- Watch for wildlife – document your favorite species that have visited your property or that you’d like to attract