Six Essential Steps for Planning Your Next Ecological Restoration Project
Reserve your seat today! Each free seminar is 90 minutes long and is open to the public.
Jack Pizzo, landscape architect, ecologist, and author will be presenting at various locations around the Midwest.
Who Should Attend
The Spring Seminar Series is ideal for all landowners and land managers including HOA Board members, property managers, municipal planners and engineers, private homeowners, landscape architects, and other professionals involved in planning or the management of green and natural spaces.
What You’ll Learn
Whether you are looking to create or manage sustainable landscapes, learn restoration best management practices, manage erosion issues within an HOA, install a native buffer around a community pond, or learn about prescribed fire and other management techniques, the Spring Seminar Series presents a variety of topics aimed to educate and inform.
Each attendee will walk away with a step-by-step Restoration Guide providing them with the information necessary for establishing a successful and award-winning natural area.
- The importance of having a plan
- Understanding permitting and regulations
- Identifying invasive species and their impact on your site
- The benefits of using native plants
- How Homeowners Associations and Municipalities are saving shorelines with native plants
- The purpose of prescribed burns
- Bioswales & BMPs and benefits of water retention
- Sustainable Landscaping
Seminar Dates and Locations:
- Barrington, IL | March 14 | Crabtree Nature Center | Sessions at 9AM & 12PM
- Burr Ridge, IL | March 7 | Burr Ridge Park District | Sessions at 9AM & 12PM
- Long Grove, IL | March 8 | Reed-Turner Nature Center | Sessions at 9AM & 12PM
- Naperville, IL | March 17 | Knoch Knolls Nature Center | Session at 10AM
- Three Oaks, MI | March 31 & May 5 | Acorn Theatre | Session at 9AM EST
- Winnetka, IL | March 6 | Winnetka Park District Community Room | Sessions at 9AM & 12PM
More dates and locations being added! Don’t see a location that is convenient for you?
Suggest a location by emailing us.