In the midst of spring, you might not think of autumn and the controlled burn season. However, spring is the perfect time to plan for your fall prescribed fire project. With permitting taking up to 90 days, it’s a good idea to get a jump on the process.
Why prescribed fire?
- Control weedy tree and shrub saplings, some invasive plants, and clean up the site for ease of control later in the season.
- Stimulate the growth of native plants by getting sunlight to the soil and encouraging greater diversity of plants, insects, and animals.
- Kills ticks.
The Illinois Prescribed Fire Council recently completed a study finding that in Illinois, not enough natural areas are being burned and those that are should be burned more frequently. With proper management using controlled burns as one of the tools, our natural areas become more rich and vibrant.
At The Pizzo Group, safety is our top priority! We don’t cut corners when it comes to the welfare of people and property. Every crew member and supervisor is trained and certified.
- All Illinois burn sites must have an Illinois EPA Open Burn Permit. Let us handle your paperwork!
- Burn permits average 30 to 90 days for processing. NOW is the time to start the process.
- A map of the burn area must be submitted with the application. A site visit is a required element of any burn plan.
- Our companies are licensed and insured.
- All projects are supervised by a Certified Prescribed Burn Manager who carries out the actual burn in addition to managing the site’s Burn Plan.
Let’s plan your prescribed fire today!